There are angels who never were people, and then there are angels that are people whom God has chosen to deliver a message or complete a task here on earth.Rabbi Marc Gelman
In 2019, doctors and nurses in Amsterdam’s OLVH Hospital saved my life, and the hospital chapel inspired my recovery with soul-catching music when all I could do was barely sit upright in a wheelchair.
- The ER nurse who I heard say she was starting CPR as I was rolled into OLVG. My heart had stopped. I cannot have heard her. I guess angels have special powers to reach the dead.
- The radiology doc who knew how to reach and seal the abdominal artery rupture.
- The recovery room nurse who realized that my body was failing.
- The ICU doctors and nurses that refused to let me give up for six long weeks.
- The gastroenterology team on 7A who believed I would walk onto a plane six weeks later.
- The doctors and nurses at the University of Florida Shands Hospital who pronounced me recovered.
- The physical therapist who knew I would jog again.
- The nurse practitioner who taught me the pelvic floor exercises and gave me back my confidence
Say yes to life. Say yes to miracles.Rabbi Marc Gelman